I’m all about the stuffing, mashed potatoes and buttery warm rolls for the Holidays! But in addition to all those heavy sides we will be passing around the dinner table, it’s refreshing to have a healthier option too.
I made this delicious paleo friendly dish yesterday for an early Thanksgiving celebration and loved it so much I just had to share. Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, bacon and fresh add-ins are combined to make this side or entree full of nutrients and loaded with flavor!
Prep-Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 bags of pre-washed Brussels sprouts
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 bag of thick cut bacon
- 2 cups of dried cranberries
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Trader Joe’s ‘Everything but the Bagel’ seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large iron skillet with olive oil lightly covering the bottom and sides.
- Heat a medium size pan on the stove with light oil & seasoning at medium-high heat. Cut Brussels sprouts into halves and cook in pan for about 10 minutes or until golden edges appear.
- Boil water in a large pot with a teaspoon of salt. Cut 2 sweet potatoes into cubes and cook in water until tender. (approximately 7 minutes)
- Once Brussels sprouts are done, transfer them into the large iron skillet where everything will eventually be combined.
- Cut entire bag of bacon into quarter size pieces. Use the same pan that was cooking the Brussels sprouts to cook the bacon (only slightly under cooked)
- Add 2 cups of pecan halves, 2 cups of dried cranberries, and sweet potato cubes into large iron skillet containing Brussels sprouts. Mix all ingredients together and add seasonings (dried Parsley flakes, Trader Joe’s seasoning, black pepper, etc.)
- Once bacon is cooked to your liking, add to skillet, mix well, and place entire skillet into the oven to heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste and enjoy!!!
Tip: I like to add a little bit of feta cheese crumbles to my individual serving. Try it if you are a Feta fan!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday full of food & love!
💋 XOXO MrsFitz