I know, hilarious isn’t it?! A 25 year old thinking she knows enough about life to dare give advice about it. What’s even funnier is that we all love giving others advice, but have trouble implementing it in our own lives. But maybe if we could shift our mindsets from “life advice” to “life intentions” it would bring a new perspective to our life goals and a little less stress.
I’m at a point in my life where I’m still young but also expected to have my life together. Mid-twenties is a weird phase to say the least. And in these past few years of rapid change & growing up, I’ve had a lot of people try to steer me in the right direction from giving me their grand success stories & listening to many more humorous stories of what NOT to do. Instead of living a life that I look back on with a correction pen, I want to live my life with clear intentions! And even if I mess up along the way, at least I can say I had a vision. I think it’s important to reflect on your intentions so that the values you have, you can bring forth into your coming years. With whatever life you have hopes for I urge you to pursue it fully with clear intentions. These are the intentions I am taking with me for my one wild and precious life, and they may just give you inspo for your own list.
- Give Grace. give grace to others and yourself. I tend to be a little harder on the ones I love. I think it’s because I hold them to such a high standard. I’m working on bringing more awareness to how I make others feel about themselves. It would hurt me if someone I loved was constantly nit picking on me, so my goal is to not sweat the small stuff or at least be gentle when I feel the need to critique. Also be gentle on YOURSELF. Giving myself a break is something I’m working on too. I once heard “you wouldn’t speak to your sister, mother, or best friend that way, so why would you tell yourself those things?!” It stuck with me. We are supposed to nurture our bodies, care for them, love them to help us be powerful, healthy, happy bodies! Thoughts become words, and words become actions. So lets start from the root of it all and feed ourselves good thoughts. It’s easy to look at ourselves and point out every little thing that is wrong before we notice anything we like about ourselves. I want to encourage you to give yourself grace the next time you take a moment to lie down instead of hurrying to your next task on the to-do-list. Give grace the next time your nails aren’t perfectly polished for that party. Give grace the next time you wash a red sock with a load of whites. (been there) You’re human. You are allowed to make mistakes.
2. Surround yourself with people who are up lifting, life loving, and inspiring! The company you keep can either support you and help you prosper or can drain you and bring you down. I’m choosing to spend time with those who push me to be the best version of myself, those who make enjoying life EASY, and people who I can learn from and learn WITH. I promise you will see such a positive shift in your life once you make this change.
3. Take time for self-care. Have you heard of the saying “you can’t pour from an empty cup”. Well that pretty much sums it up in the most simplest of terms. Self care isn’t meant to encourage self-indulgence or selfishness, it is simply being aware of what you need before you can be of service to anyone else. This is true for friendships, family, work, significant others, etc. For example I am an Introvert; so after being at work (around people all day) I need about an hour to myself to recharge before I’m ready to engage in the next social outing. Come to terms with what you require to be a successful human being, and make time for those things so that you don’t lose your head trying to please the world around you.
4. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Physically. Socially. Career-wise. In every aspect of your life! I believe this is important because you aren’t able to reach your full potential unless you push past your threshold, get out of your comfort zone, and find what you are capable of. This is so important!!! I know it may seem cliche, but you will be so surprised of what you can achieve and all that you can be when you go past that mental block that tells you “you can’t”. Obviously, you need to know your limits but most of us are too scared of failing to even know what our limits really are. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Discover how great you can be when you stop giving yourself such small boundaries. Push HARDER in your workouts, meet NEW people, TAKE ON that new project at work.
“Whether you think you CAN or think you CAN’T, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford
5. Live with Intention. Last but definitely not least… What kind of life do you want to lead? A life that resembles what kind of person you are? Or just go along for the ride? The second choice doesn’t sound so bad, but it lacks purpose. The world is changed by your example; by your actions. Empower others through the life you lead, the actions you take, and the decisions you make. You may not be able to change the world, but we can influence the hearts around us by giving the world our talents, our ideas, and our efforts. We can wake up and work each day towards the example we are trying to be.
“Live more from intention and less out of habit.”
And now looking back at this list, I’m not so sure if this even qualifies as life advice or just a girl thinking about life in general? Nonetheless, it’s some food for thought on this fine day! Whoever needs to hear this, will. And if you already have the world figured out and know the secret to the universe, please share your secrets!!! lol
Till next time,
💋 XOXO MrsFitz