Bikini season is right around the corner!!! Unfortunately, so is the pizza place.
I know everyone’s tryna be good right now with bikini-bods in mind, but balance is KEY & you deserve a cheat meal every-now-and-then. So in preparation for you’re next cheat meal, I’ve come up with your very own Houston Pizza Guide!
Sharing with you the best places to get pizza in H-town! From dine-in, delivery, to pizza by the slice, this list has you covered! So whatever kind of pizza person you are, there’s something on this list for everybody. I myself am a thick crust lover but i’ll try my best to be unbiased here…
Pizza by the Slice
- Frank’s Pizza– Houston’s downtown pizza joint. Foldable slices of New York- style thin crust pizza, perfect spot for post bar munchies. Must try: the Chicken Fiesta
- Pepperoni’s– large New York style pies…you can stop in, drive-through, or delivery! I recommend to keep it simple with the toppings here. But a highly popular choice is the Veggie pizza w/ vegan cheese!
- Love Buzz– My personal favorite! You can always buy pizza by the slice but they also offer a different “specialty slice” every week with creative toppings!
- Luigi’s Pizzeria– Midtown’s foldable New York-style pizza connected to Axelrad Beer garden. Order at the counter, grab a number, then pick a hammock at Axelrad to enjoy your pizza!
- Pinks Pizza– a little pricey, but always tasty. A hometown favorite.
- Bombay Pizza Co. – Indian/Italian pizzeria.. intrigued? You should be…unique flavors and toppings. (downtown HTX)
- Pepperoni’s– drive through, dine-in, and also delivery.
- Star Pizza– BEST deep-dish Chicago style pizzeria in Houston! I’ve been going here since I was just a little kiddo. Laid back dining with great food.
- Love Buzz– The pizza is GOOD, but the vibe is BETTER. It’s every 90’s kids dream pizza joint filled with nostalgia & classic games like pacman, skeeball and air hockey. Go for the pizza, stay for the game room.
- Cane Rosso– Montrose area pizza place serving Neapolitan-style pies & a dog friendly patio! (YAY doggies!) Must try: the Joan Marie…P.S. the Heights location isn’t dog friendly.
- Mellow Mushroom– the Houston Heights has been blessed with this beaut. I love this place for their craft beer menu and gluten free pizza crust! Just know, you might have to wait, because this place gets busy on the weekends. Treat yourself to dessert first at the Fat Cat Creamery around the corner…after putting your name down on the seating list of course 🙂
Need to-try list
I apologize for my “Need to-try list” being so long!!! I’m on a but of a health kick right now so my pizza intake has been lower than normal. But I’ve done my research on the following below & know what is worth trying! So if you beat me to it, let me know how it is!
- Pi Pizza– Crazy inventive pizzas with unexpected toppings like Brussels sprouts and hot honey. A Houston food truck turned store! (Washington)
- North Italia– Fresh ingredients, a more upscale dining scene & INSANE Happy Hour!!! $20 special includes a bottle of house wine and choice of pizza, bruschetta, or Chef’s board. (Post Oak Blvd)
- Gotham Pizza– I honestly just want to go here for their FAT AZZ pizza slice. It’s huge. Seriously…one slice could feed a village..or a city (ahem Gotham) haha (Midtown)
- Dolce Vita Pizzeria Enoteca– classic Neapolitan-style pies with blackened wood-fired crusts. Good wine selection and patio space for a date night. (Montrose)
- Bollo Woodfired Pizza– Another authentic Neapolitan- style pizza restaurant. Gets lots of praise for their small plates aka appetizers! (Upper Kirby)
Have a wonderful week!!! If you don’t plan on having a cheat meal this week, save this post and use it for later! And more importantly, remember…
“No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you, thick & thin, in the crust we trust.”
💋 XOXO MrsFitz