Calling all love birds…
Whether you’re excited about the over-the-top lovey dovey holiday or not, this list has great date ideas no matter the occasion! With every budget in mind, you’ll be able to find something perfect for you and your bae. Personally, I think you can do all of these activities with your significant other any day of the year…but if you feel like you want to turn up the romance & try something different for date night, look no further b/c I have a fully equipped list below!
(Full disclosure: I’m not a big fan of Valentines Day…but I do believe in making your significant other feel loved & special EVERY DAY of the year. So feel free to try these activities on a random Tuesday or whenever!!!)
- Answer the New York Times questionnaire make you “fall in love” https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html *Ask each other these questions while making dinner, out at the park, or over a glass of wine* These questions often snowball into deeper conversation and lead to some interesting topics! Also I highly recommend learning each others Love Language! It helps give you insight on the best ways to express your love to your partner and also helps you understand how you best accept love. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/
- Make a bad ass Blanket Fort in the living room and spend the night watching movies or a Netflix series (make it even better by adding popcorn & snacks…obvi) 🍿🤘🏼
- Go cheer on your Houston Rockets!!! 🏀 At the Rockets vs. Sacramento Kings game! Toyota Center @7pm. Get Tickets Here!
- Play snap chat Hide & Seek ( decide what the winner/loser has to do before the game starts) 👀
- Play dirty Truth or Dare…a classic. If you guys try anything crazy, tell me!
- Pick a new recipe to try, go to the grocery to get all the ingredients, then come home & cook together & pray it turns out! *Pro Tip: order a heart-shaped pizza as a back-up plan
- Take your laptop somewhere and have a DIY outdoor movie screening. *Pro Tip: I recommend rooftops with a view (message me for a rooftop location if you don’t know of any)
- For the ultimate movie night out… TREAT YO SELF & visit the luxurious iPic Theatre in River Oaks District! Get tickets for the new Fifty Shades Freed or for their Valentines Day Comedy Night Live. iPic Theatre
- Play strip scrabble (or if you prefer…you can do the opposite and loser keeps having to put on more & more clothes)
- Go “googly eye” bombing around town! For those competitive couples: post a poll on Instagram of who did the most creative “googly eye bombing” …winner gets a special treat!
- Enjoy Dinner & Show at Prohibition Theater! 💃🏻They are having a special Valentines Day Burlesque show called Love Letters that will set the mood for you & yours truly. I went for their Christmas themed show & let me tell ya, I had a BLAST!!! Click here for tickets & FAQ’s http://prohibitiontheatre.com/shows/
- Rent bikes at Buffalo Bayou Park and explore the trails. If you work up an appetite, you could stop at the Dunlavy for a meal with a view! 🚲🌳🌞
- Have a picnic at Eleanor Tinsley Park *Pro Tip: grab a book and take turns reading to each other (Also great parks to hangout: Discovery Green & Hermann Park) 📚
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center- explore 5 miles of trails (FREE of charge) and also dogs on leashes are welcome 🐶
- Visit the Galleria Water Wall.. great spot for romantic pictures! Grab a sweet Valentines Day cookie before or after at Michael’s Cookie Jar nearby! ( 1864 Fountain View Dr. Houston, TX 77057 ) 🍪❤️
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft: see work of local & national artist who focus on using materials like fiber, metal, glass, clay, & wood. ALWAYS FREE ENTRY.
- Take a bubble bath together with wine, candles, and all the romantic vibes!!
- Visit the ” I Love You” wall in the Heights at Harold’s Restaurant & Tap Room or the “I Am Love” mural off 540 W. 19th St…also in the Heights area.
- Play pool at a local dive bar.. again for you competitive types (like me) make the loser or winner do something at the end of each game! (message me for recommended bars)
- Watch the bats take flight at sunset from the Waugh Bridge. There is a designated seating area on the grass or you could stand on the bridge. 🦇🌇
Please don’t forget to show your love & appreciation for your special someone on the other days of the year too!!! Don’t just wait for Valentines Day to express your love.
💋 XOXO MrsFitz