This year I will be turning 25. A quarter of a century. What.The.Actual.Fork.
I guess you can start calling me Grandma Fitz now…?! (hahahaha plz don’t) So since the first quarter-century of our human lives is centered around learning, growth, and development, I want to share with you all my vast wisdom from the past 25 years. (again, completely joking) I still have SO much more to learn, but so far, here’s the most important things I’ve learned along the way…
- Being YOU is a powerful thing. Sounds cheesy, but my gawd is it true. Younger Me always wanted to blend in and be like everyone else, but I’ve come to realize life is so much more rewarding & fun when you embrace your unique self.
- Life is too short to be bitter. Be a nice human.
- Food is Medicine & Exercise is Therapy.
- You don’t need a reason to buy a cake, wear sexy lingerie, or go dancing!
- The happiest of people find joy in the smallest things.
- Give people a second chance, but not a third.
- You’re never too old to learn or try a new skill. Growth is available at every age.
- Fall in love with as many things as possible.
- Surround yourself with people who encourage your growth & happiness.
- Giving up is harder than losing.
- If you live for people’s acceptance, you will die from their rejection.
- Spend your life with people who make even going to the grocery store an adventure.
- Nature is beautiful & freeing & more worthy of praise than any technology.
- It’s okay to not have everything figured out. Turns out, everyone’s faking it.
- Love without conditions or keeping score. It’s about what you give…not what you gain.
- If it cost you your peace, it’s too expensive.
- Learn to say “no” without explaining yourself.
- You can change a negative situation into a positive, simply by changing your mindset towards it.
- You can still forgive someone even if you never receive an apology.
- If you can’t do anything about it, let it go.
- Take at least 10 minutes to stretch EVERYDAY!!! Your body will thank you!
- Everyone has their own battles, but you were made to handle yours.
- Learn how to enjoy your own company.
- Over-prepare and then go with the flow.
- Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.
As always, a BIG thank you for reading & thank you for your support! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week and live your best life!!!
💋 XOXO MrsFitz