I’m not sure exactly where I wanted to go with this post, my thoughts are a tad bit scatter-brained, but I did want to share this with you nonetheless. These are my thoughts as a 24 year old woman living in Houston TX, trying to enjoy the present while working hard for the future. Lately, through talking with friends I’ve noticed I’m definitely not alone here. Being in your twenties is hella fun, don’t get me wrong, but damn is it difficult. This is the point in our lives where we are really taking on the world. I’m not talking about the college-phase of “taking on the world”..no. The real nitty-gritty “adult world”. Trying to keep up with what society expects of us (because everyone loves to hate on a millennial), juggle finances, work , social & love life & all the while making it look “fun“!🎉
It’s no secret that everyone goes through phases of their lives, some dark, some light. It’s perfectly alright to not be in full bloom all the time! (I’ve been working on taking this advice myself) Hopefully when you are down, you find peace in knowing there are better days ahead. Realize that YOU are in charge of your own happiness. You can CHOOSE to look at things in either a positive or negative light. You are a boss-ass bitch that hustles her way to happiness!!! 👊🏼 (or Gent) I believe that happiness stems from purpose. We all have a unique purpose. It’s easy to get distracted with what our lives should look like when we see the perfections of social media. Remember social media shows peoples highlights, it’s what we wish to display to the public eye! Not what really happens behind scenes. And it’s okay to display the good vibes instead of the bad; heck I don’t want to show you every time I stub my toe or get a flat tire. I’d rather show you a fabulous cocktail that I’ve been waiting for all week. Ya feel?!
Anyways.. my point is, we can be happy while embracing the struggle of becoming our BEST selves! Life can’t be all fun n games like social media displays. There’s gonna be times where you have to work hard, save money, and appreciate the grind. I am at a stage in my life where I am really trying to focus on things that help me grow, what is healthy for me (mentally,physically,emotionally), and what is going to help me become a better woman for the people I love. Everyone finds growth at different stages in life and this is my chapter of Self Love and Self Improvement ✨ If this is YOU right now, dope! Let’s grow together! If you still feel like you have a few chapters left before you reach this point, dope! I want to motivate you to get there! I want to encourage you to take care of yourself, LOVE yourself, believe in yourself, follow your passions, and work HARD for your dreams…
Here are some questions I like to ask to keep myself in check & maintain perspective:
- What are you passionate about? Have you found a way to make your passion into a lifestyle?
- What do you actually believe in? Why do you believe in it?
- What is your game-plan?
- What are your current goals? Short-term/ Long-term?
- Are you giving it 100%? Or half-assing it?
- How will you maintain balance? What are your priorities? Will they help you reach your end goal?
- How and what are you going to improve?
- Are you growing from your surroundings? Is the company you keep motivating & supportive?
- Are you maximizing every minute of your day?
- How much time are you wasting throughout the day? How could you be utilizing that time in a better way?
Things to remember:
- Great things never came from comfort zones. Your growth is meant to challenge you!
- Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. In other words, YOU DO YOU BOO BOO
- Be more aware of whats really worth your energy & time.
- Your greatness is not what you have, it’s what you give. Give 100%!!!
- You did not wake up to be mediocre.
- When nothing is certain, anything is possible.
- Don’t forget to have fun with it! Life is meant to be enjoyed, so find time for the fun in-between all the hustle n’ bustle.
- Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. Don’t try to skip the grind & go straight to the lavish life. That’s not how it works.
- Be observant. Notice everything around you. The world is full of ideas, examples, wisdom, mistakes, and experiences.
- & last but not least…Celebrate the wins, both big and small! (Yay for little victories!) 🍾✨
I hope these little tid-bits help you on your journey of Self- Empowerment & help you get the absolute most out of this one wild and precious life!
💋 XOXO MrsFitz